Friday, May 20, 2011

The Countdown...8 days

In one week, I will be leaving for what I hope will be one of the most amazing experiences of my life!  My mother & I will be walking 600 miles across Spain in just over 30 days.


We'll be following the Camino de Santiago which is an ancient pilgrimage trail that has been in use for over 1000 years.  There are several options for distance when walking on the Camino and we have chosen the longest!  We will start in St. Jean Pied de Port, France and end in Finisterre, Spain a.k.a THE EDGE OF THE WORLD.


We will be carrying everything on our back and if all goes well, we will never use any other kind of transportation besides our own two feet.


I have started this blog, because so many of our family and friends want to be able to follow our journey.  I'm not sure how much access we will have to the internet, but I hope to post as much as I can during our trip.


Enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment