Monday, July 4, 2011

Back In The Saddle Again!!

Well, it looks like we are on the trail again!!  We spent  2 days in Santiago and fortunately my mom recovered very quickly.  We walked around, sat around, took a nap, ate great food, litened to some fantastic musicians, took some photos, did some shopping, took a tour and realized that we were completely bored!  We are much happier when we are walking.  Crazy, huh?!  So, we decided to give Finesterre another try!  Originally, we had planned 4 days for the 55 miles trip but now we only have three so, we have to really pick up the pace.  We may end up taking a taxi somewhere in between to help us cover ground.  We have to be back in Santiago on Thursday night and will be flying to London on Friday.

Today we left at 6:30am.  It was amazing to see the square in front of the Cathedral, completely empty, quiet and dark.  During the day, there are hundreds of people wondering around.  But this morning it was only us--very nice.  We headed out with no real map or information about the Camino to Finesterre.  But, again we have complete faith in the yellow arrows and will rely on their direction.

We were pleasently surprised with the the landscape.  It is beautiful and lush.  We both agreed that it is probably one of the best on the entire trail.  So glad we decided to come!

Here are a few pics from this week....


Made it to Santiago!!  Standing in front of the Cathedral.  It´s definitely a masterpiece!



Vegetable paella!  Yummy!!  I can´t believe how much we´ve eaten!


My mom proudly displaying her third Camino certificate!


This was about a week ago.  The weather went from HOT to COLD overnight.
I was wearing everything I owned that day!  My mom said that I looked scary! haha


Today´s lunch.  I have to say that I´m a bit tired of french fries.
We have them with almost every meal.  Although they do give us the calories that we need to walk 20 miles :)


On our way to Finesterre, we came across a beautiful town with a river going thru it.  The camera will NEVER do it justice.  It was one of the most beautiful sites we´ve seen on the entire trail.



We spent a lovely Sunday afternoon in Santiago.  It would be odd back home, but here in Spain it´s very common for musicians to set up right in the middle of the street.  The surrounding buildings make for some amazing acoustics.  This orchestra had to have professional musicians.  The music they played was so beautiful.

This is us taking in some caffeine before we head up the mountain at O´Cebrerio.

Yes, I´ve really pee´d outside behind bushes!  My mom caught this shot of me coming back out onto the road! haha


Flowers are everywhere!  I´ve been puting them in my pack and on the back of my hat.  We expecially love to carry sprigs of lavendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment